What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Our Wexford office offers porcelain veneers that look natural, giving you a Hollywood-ready smile in as little as two appointments without a lengthy recovery period. Porcelain veneers are thin shells that are affixed to the front surfaces of your teeth. Dr. Gabriel customizes each set of veneers to help give patients a pristine white shine.
The Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
Our custom porcelain veneers offer patients benefits that other procedures can’t match, including:
- You only have to schedule two appointments to complete the process.
- Implanting veneers isn’t an invasive procedure.
- Unlike other treatments, your natural teeth won’t need many changes.
- With proper maintenance, veneers can last for up to 15 years.
- You can customize the shade of your veneers for a whiter smile.
- They’re stain-resistant.
If you’re interested in achieving the perfect smile with porcelain veneers, you can schedule an appointment at our Wexford office by calling (724) 935-2100. We’d love to help you determine if veneers could be the right choice for your smile.
The Porcelain Veneer Process
The process of receiving porcelain veneers can be completed in as few as two appointments at our Wexford office. Before the procedure, you’ll first have a consultation with Dr. Gabriel, where he’ll examine your teeth for any underlying issues and determine if veneers are the best treatment for you.
Creating Your Custom Veneers
Before your veneers are attached, Dr. Gabriel will first take a minuscule amount of enamel off your teeth so that the veneers will look as natural as possible and don’t stick out. Once this step has been completed, Dr. Gabriel can then take an impression of your teeth to be sent over to the laboratory so we can create your custom porcelain veneers. It takes about two weeks to create your restorations.
Applying Your Porcelain Veneers
You’ll receive a temporary set of veneers to go over your teeth until your permanent veneers are ready. Once they’re sent from the lab, you’ll return to our Wexford office for your final appointment. Dr. Gabriel will begin by adhering a bonding agent to your teeth and then securely placing the veneers onto the front surface.
After a short waiting period, you’ll be able to walk out of our office ready to show off your new camera-ready smile.
Are You A Candidate for Veneers?
If any of the following apply to you, you might benefit from treatment with veneers::
- Have teeth that are resistant to traditional whitening treatments.
- Have teeth that are slightly crooked or have small gaps between them.
- Want to fix multiple cosmetic flaws in one treatment.
To qualify as a candidate for porcelain veneers, it’s necessary that you meet any of the following requirements:
- Take good care of your teeth on a regular basis.
- You have sufficient tooth enamel on your teeth.
- You have no active oral health issues.