What Are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are protective caps that are custom-made to fit over your natural tooth. Dr. Gabriel may recommend a crown for a particularly vulnerable tooth, such as one that’s injured, or was extensively treated. Crowns are designed to look completely natural and are durable enough to keep up with the rest of your smile for years to come. You may even forget about your customized crown since you can treat them like normal teeth.
The Benefits of Dental Crowns
Our custom-made dental crowns come with a host of cosmetic and restorative benefits. Along with restoring your teeth and enhancing your smile, dental crowns are also:
- Non-invasive and doesn’t require surgery
- Made specifically for your tooth to maximize comfort
- Available in any shade to blend in with your smile
- Prevent the need of additional treatments
- Inserted in only two appointments
The Dental Crowns Process
The best part about dental crowns is they only take two appointments to insert. During your first visit, Dr. Gabriel will prepare your tooth by reshaping it so your crown can fit over it. Once completed, he’ll take an impression of the shape and send it to the lab so your permanent fixture can be made. Since creating a dental crown takes time, you’ll receive temporary crowns to protect your tooth until they’re ready.
You’ll return to our Wexford, PA office once your permanent crown is ready. Dr. Gabriel will remove the temporary crown and clean your tooth. Then he’ll place your crown to complete the process as well as provide you with aftercare instructions.
Candidacy for Dental Crowns
There are a variety of dental issues that can make you eligible to receive a dental crown. Some reasons why Dr. Gabriel may recommend this treatment include:
- Protecting teeth with large cracks of fillings
- Improving the appearance of a discolored tooth
- Undergoing root canal treatment
- Receiving a specific amount of dental implants
- Supporting a dental bridge